Folbot warrants this folding kayak to be free of manufacturing defects for life, beginning from the date of purchase by the original owner. This warranty is not transferable and does not apply to owner modifications.
In the event of a manufacturing defect, please contact Folbot, 4209 Pace Street, Charleston, SC 29405, or call 800/533-5099 for instructions. Folbot will either repair or replace, at its option, any defect, at no charge to the customer and return the repaired or replaced part, postage paid, to the customer within a reasonable period of time.
All parts of your Folbot are covered by this lifetime warranty, including framework and skin. While this boat is a very durable product and will withstand many years of normal use, damage from misuse or abuse is not covered by this warranty, including:
- Commercial or military use.
- Using your Folbot in low water where bottom surface conditions consist of sharp rocks or other abrasive items.
- Dragging your Folbot over any dry surface.
- Using your Folbot in whitewater conditions where it comes in contact with sharp underwater or surface objects.
- Towing your Folbot behind a mechanically powered boat.
- Shipment of your Folbot by other than a licensed carrier.
- Loading your Folbot beyond the recommended safe capacity.
- Storage of the Folbot in a “less-than-dry” condition.
- Leaving your Folbot exposed to UV while not in use.
In addition to the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty, Folbot will refund 100% of the purchase price of any boat and accessories that are returned to us in “like new” condition within thirty days of receipt. If the product is returned in less than “like new” condition, Folbot reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of an amount consistent with the boat’s condition.
We recommend that you check the product thoroughly and test paddle the boat to assure your satisfaction.*
Please notify Folbot prior to returning any item and indicate the reason for the return. Refunds will be made promptly upon receipt and inspection of the goods.
Please note that kayaks manufactured by Folbot prior to 1989 did not come with a lifetime warranty and are not covered by this warranty.
*We understand that a certain amount of dirt accumulation may occur in the assembly and testing of a kayak and this will not impact the acceptability of any returned item. Flat water testing and avoidance of hard objects and landings is strongly recommended to maintain the kayak in “like new” condition.
To submit a warranty request, fill this form out:
Contact us at email@example.com for additional questions.